Terms Set Username
- AIA Vitality Terms and Conditions
- Terms and Conditions
- HTML Content
3. AIA Vitality MembershipAIA Vitality membership is granted based on the sole discretion of AIA Thailand. AIA Vitality membership year commences on the date that the AIA Vitality membership begins and runs for a 12-month period. The AIA Vitality membership year can start on any day of the calendar year. You are eligible to, and may, apply for AIA Vitality membership in one of two ways:-
- You are named as a life insured under insurance products which are selected/ communicated by AIA Thailand. Your AIA Vitality membership will only be activated following registration and approval of underlying such insurance products.
- If you join an employer who has [in force a Corporate Solutions policy and signed up for the AIA Vitality programme, and;
- If you are not an existing AIA Vitality member, the commencement date of your AIA Vitality membership will fall on the date you activate your AIA Vitality membership.
- If you are already an existing AIA Vitality member by reason of (1) above, there will be no change to the commencement date of your AIA Vitality membership.
4. Qualification as an AIA Vitality MemberTo qualify as an AIA Vitality member, an applicant has to meet the following requirements:-
- You must be 18 years or older (as of last birthday), whereas the maximum issue age is based on the underlying insurance policy;
- You must be the life-insured under insurance products which are selected/ communicated by AIA Thailand or insured member of under your employer’s Corporate Solutions policy; and
- You must provide a valid unique email address and identification number
5. AIA Vitality Membership CardAIA Vitality members will be issued a membership number and membership card. The use of this number/ card or associated benefits is deemed to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions and any other applicable rules, regulations, policies or procedures related to the benefit provided by AIA Thailand and their partners. You will receive your AIA Vitality membership card after AIA Thailand accepts your application and you have successfully activated your membership. AIA Thailand shall not be responsible in the event of any error in your application or your failure to receive your AIA Vitality membership card due to the provision of incomplete or inaccurate particulars or information or an obsolete, incomplete or inaccurate mailing address. You may need to present your AIA Vitality membership card at our partners to earn points and enjoy benefits. If you fail to present your AIA Vitality membership card at our partners when requested, you may not be able to claim such points and benefits retrospectively. AIA Vitality membership and AIA Vitality membership card are non-transferable and non-assignable, and will be used exclusively only by you. You will remain liable for all transactions incurred from usage of the AIA Vitality membership card (whether authorised or otherwise), where investigations made by AIA Thailand reveal that you are a party to any actions regarding any transactions effected through the use of the AIA Vitality membership card. You will not be entitled to dispute any transaction using your AIA Vitality membership card or under your username and password, unless AIA Thailand has previously confirmed the receipt of your notification on the suspected or actual unauthorised use, loss or theft of your AIA Vitality membership card. AIA Thailand is entitled, but not obliged, to rely on all instructions and transactions carried out using your AIA Vitality membership card or under your username and password. By applying for and using the AIA Vitality membership card, you agree and undertake:
- not to use the AIA Vitality membership card for any commercial, fraudulent or unlawful purposes or purposes which are deemed unacceptable by AIA Thailand or which are prohibited by these terms and conditions;
- to promptly notify AIA Thailand of any unauthorised use, loss or theft of the AIA Vitality membership card;
- to change your password immediately and notify AIA Thailand immediately and request a new password if you have reason to suspect that the security and/or confidentiality of your password has been compromised; and
- to only use the AIA Vitality membership card in good faith and in accordance with these AIA Vitality terms and conditions.
6. AIA Vitality Programme Benefits
6.1. Benefits of the AIA Vitality programmeThe AIA Vitality programme is a health and wellness programme that aims to reward AIA Vitality members who are proactive about improving their health and general well-being by providing benefits which may include discounts, exclusive offers, cash back rewards and other benefits relating to goods and/or services offered by AIA Thailand and our partners from time to time. For more information, please refer to the AIA Vitality website. Unless otherwise set out in the relevant benefit content, only an AIA Vitality member can enjoy the benefits. Benefits may only be used for personal and not business purposes. As a general rule, you will be eligible to access benefits when you activate your AIA Vitality membership. Certain benefits may not be accessible immediately and may be subject to a processing or waiting period. The relevant benefit content will explain when that benefit will be available and the relevant terms and conditions applicable to obtaining each benefit. If you do not activate your AIA Vitality membership, you may not be able to access benefits. Please refer to the benefit content on the AIA Vitality website for more information. In some cases, certain benefits or partner discounts will not be applied at the point of sale. Instead these benefits or discounts may be consolidated on a periodic basis in the form of rebates. Where applicable, you will receive such rebates by electronic funds transfer or vouchers, or such other method as may be determined by us from time to time at our sole discretion and subject to applicable laws. For more information, please refer to the relevant benefit guide on the AIA Vitality website.
6.2. Additional fees for using BenefitsAdditional fees, including but not limited to, activation fees, monthly fees and subscription fees, may be payable for the utilisation of certain benefits. The fees may be payable directly to the partner. Please refer to the benefit content on the AIA Vitality website for more information. Where possible, we will endeavour to give you advance notice of the introduction of, or increase to, any fees payable for the utilisation of certain benefits. This notice may be provided electronically, including by email (sent to your last notified email address) or by posting details of the change(s) on the AIA Vitality website. If you are not satisfied with the introduction of, or increase to, any fees payable for the utilisation of certain benefits, you may terminate your membership under clause 8 (Termination of membership) of these terms and conditions.
6.4. Benefit Content and other documentationA partner (alone or jointly with AIA Thailand) may issue a benefit content which sets out the rules governing the use and access to a benefit. The benefit content is available on the AIA Vitality website. Representations in the benefit content made on behalf of our partners are based upon information that AIA Thailand has received from them, such information having been provided to us along with assurances from our partners that it is accurate. All information in a benefit content and other information provided with respect to any benefit is general information only and are not in any way intended to be financial, medical, nutritional, health, fitness, legal or other advice or as a substitute for such advice. Any such information is not provided to promote or influence you to acquire any product or service. Benefit content and other information provided in respect of benefits do not take into account your personal circumstances and are subject to change. You should obtain professional advice from a medical practitioner, pharmacist, dentist, nutritionist or other appropriate health professional in relation to your own personal circumstances or in relation to the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. If necessary, you should consult with such a professional. Importantly, the results of any benefits, devices, services, software available, assessments, health checks, consultations or tools cannot replace any advice a doctor or other health professional gives. You should not change or discontinue any assistance or treatment you may be receiving on the basis of information provided in relation to any benefits, devices, services, software available, assessments, health checks, consultations or tools accessed or used without first consulting your healthcare provider. Medicines you use for your physical or mental health may also affect the results of any benefits, devices, services, software available, assessments, health checks, consultations or tools accessed or used. You should also seek professional advice immediately should any symptoms you may be experiencing persist or change.
6.5. AIA Vitality fitness assessmentBy taking part in the AIA Vitality fitness assessment with an AIA Vitality gym partner (and/or its franchisees) and/or by using the AIA Vitality gym partner’s and/or its franchisees’ services and/or facilities (Activity) you:
- Acknowledge and agree that to the extent permitted by law, AIA Thailand and the relevant gym partner exclude any and all liability to you under contract, tort, statute, equity or in any other manner, for any injury (including without limitation death, personal, bodily or mental injury), damage or loss of any kind whatsoever (including without limitation, any liability for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage) sustained by you or any other person, or for any costs, charges or expenses incurred by you or any other person arising from or in connection with the Activity and/or any act or omission of AIA Thailand and/or the relevant gym partner, except to the extent that such injury, damage or loss is caused by the gross negligence (meaning that the act was done or omitted to be done with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness for the consequences of the act or omission) of AIA Thailand and/or the relevant gym partner. In such case, the liability of the respective party will be limited to the injury, damage or loss directly caused by that party’s gross negligence. This clause does not exclude, or intend to exclude, any consumer guarantees applicable to the Activity and to the extent that it does this clause has no effect;
- Represent that you are in good physical and mental condition and have no health and medical reason, impairment or disability that might prevent you from undertaking the Activity. You acknowledge that neither AIA Thailand nor the gym partner is in a qualified position to provide you with medical advice related to your physical condition and/or inability to undertake the Activity;
- Agree to obtain professional advice from a medical practitioner, pharmacist, nutritionist or other appropriate health professional in relation to your own personal circumstances or in relation to the diagnosis or treatment of any health/ medical condition. If necessary, you agree that you will regularly consult with such a professional. You also agree to seek professional advice immediately should any symptoms you may be experiencing persist or change; and
- Acknowledge and agree that the results of the Activity are not a substitute for medical advice or treatment and must not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or to replace your doctor or healthcare professional. You agree not to change or discontinue any assistance, medication or treatment you may be receiving on the basis of information provided in relation to the Activity without first consulting your doctor or health professional. Medicines you use for your physical or mental health may affect the results of the Activity. Any reliance by you on the information provided in undertaking the Activity will be at your own risk. AIA Thailand and the gym partner make no express or implied representation or warranty regarding the completeness, accuracy, reliability or currency of the information or results provided.
7. AIA Vitality Status and AIA Vitality Points
7.1. AIA Vitality StatusAs a new AIA Vitality member, your default status will be Bronze. Points earned throughout your AIA Vitality membership year are added towards your status. The more points you earn, the higher the status you will achieve. The different status levels are: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. To move up a status, you will need to accumulate a sufficient number of points to reach the relevant status. The table below sets out how many points are needed for each status at the date of these terms and conditions.
As your status changes, the benefits you are entitled to and the terms relating to those benefits may change. Please refer to the benefit content for further information.
AIA Vitality Status AIA Vitality Points Bronze 0 – 9,999 Silver 10,000 – 19,999 Gold 20,000 – 29,999 Platinum 30,000 +
7.2. Earning AIA Vitality PointsYou will earn points for completing certain activities if you are an AIA Vitality member. Additional rules such as age and gender rules apply to some activities. Please refer to the partner benefit content on our website for further details. The number of points you can earn will depend on a range of factors such as the activity you are doing and your health goals and risk factors. We may adjust the number of points you can earn for each activity depending on your individual health status or how important the activity is to your health status. Certain activities and/or groups/categories of activities may have limits as to how many points you can earn over a certain time period. Additional terms and conditions may apply to each activity. Please refer to the relevant benefit content for further details.
7.3. Awarding of AIA Vitality PointsAIA Vitality Points will be awarded to you in accordance with the terms and conditions as determined by us and the respective partner from time to time. In some cases, it may take approximately 30 days for your points to be reflected. AIA Thailand may run promotions from time to time offering bonus AIA Vitality Points. Qualification for these bonus points is subject to terms and conditions of each individual promotion. Where a promotion requires pre-registration, bonus points will only be credited if members complete the registration process at our website prior to purchase or consumption of our partner’s products and services. AIA Thailand may exclude specific activities from the crediting of AIA Vitality Points. In some cases, AIA Vitality Points may not be earned in conjunction with other promotions or discounts offered by AIA Thailand and/or its partners. You are advised to check with us and/or Benefit Content. AIA Thailand has the sole discretion to audit any and all your activities to ensure compliance with these terms and conditions and other applicable rules, regulations, policies or procedures relating to the AIA Vitality programme. During the course of audit or investigation, we may share your account information with our partners and also third parties with whom we have contracted to assist in perform such audit or investigation. In the event that an audit reveals discrepancies or possible violations, we may delay the processing of the awarding of AIA Vitality Points, cancel any outstanding redemption, without statements or suspend your account pending completion of an audit. Upon completion of an audit, if discrepancy or violation has been determined by us, in addition to any other remedies we may have, the AIA Vitality Points may be removed from your account and/or your AIA Vitality Status may be downgraded to remedy any such discrepancy or violation. Any disputes in connection with or arising from the points awarded must be notified to us as soon as possible and in any event, within 30 days from the date of activity, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1581. We may need you to provide us with supporting documents wherever applicable to assist us in settling any disputes. If we do not receive any notifications from you within the stipulated timeframe of any disputes or inaccuracies on your points, the points statement will be taken to be correct, final and binding on you. Our decision on any such dispute shall be final and conclusive.
7.4. Monitor your AIA Vitality PointsYou can monitor your points by logging on to the AIA Vitality website, via the AIA Vitality mobile app or by calling 1581. There may be a delay for points to be loaded and/ or reflected on your points statement or on any of the above platforms.
7.5. Validity and expiry of AIA Vitality PointsYour status will remain in place from the time you earn the relevant status until the end of the next AIA Vitality membership year unless changes are made to your membership. At the anniversary of your AIA Vitality membership, AIA Vitality members will carry over their status earned from the previous year. However, in the year after that AIA Vitality membership year, you will lose your status if you do not earn enough points to maintain it. Your points will expire at the end of the AIA Vitality membership year in which the points are earned. No points will be carried over into the subsequent year.
7.6. Transfer of rightsThe membership of AIA Vitality programme is personal to you and will not be assigned at law or in equity. Accrued AIA Vitality Points do not constitute your property. AIA Vitality Points generated under this AIA Vitality programme apply to certain qualified benefits offered by the partners in Thailand only. They are not transferrable to other AIA vitality schemes operated elsewhere in the world (and vice versa). Except as provided otherwise in these terms and conditions or in any other documents relating to AIA Vitality programme, you cannot transfer, assign, sell, barter or pledge your points, your status, membership rights or rights to benefits or points to another person or another membership. AIA Vitality Points cannot be bequeathed or devised. Points cannot be redeemed for cash and cannot be returned for any other consideration. If points, awards or benefits are purchased from an unauthorised source, such transactions are voidable and you will be liable for the full, unrestricted value of awards issued as a result of improper or fraudulent transfers and/or redemptions and otherwise in violation of the terms of the AIA Vitality programme.
7.7. Underutilisation rulesOn some benefits you may be required to utilise and/or purchase the partner’s facility, goods and/or services a specified minimum number of times or amounts. Failure to meet these minimum utilisation rules could result in your rights to the benefit being altered or terminated. Please see the relevant benefit content on the AIA Vitality website for more details.
8. Termination of Membership
8.1. Automatic termination if you cease to be insured by usSubject to our rules and any extension that may be allowed by us, your AIA Vitality membership will automatically terminate at the end of the relevant AIA Vitality membership year if you are no longer the life insured under insurance products which are selected/ communicated by AIA Thailand or insured under a Corporate Solutions policy as elected by that insured's employer. Membership is also automatically terminated in the event of member’s demise, and all AIA Vitality Points accumulated by the deceased member will be abolished.
8.2. Cancellation by youYou may terminate your AIA Vitality membership at the end of the AIA Vitality membership year. You must provide us with 30 days’ prior written notice, sent to us by email at email@example.com in order to terminate your AIA Vitality membership. On termination of your AIA Vitality membership, you may or may not automatically terminate your existing relationship with partners, you may still be subject to the notice period of certain partners and to any other relevant terms and conditions of such partners.
8.3. Termination of the AIA Vitality programme or your membership by usWe reserve the right to terminate, suspend, cancel, deactivate, recall or revoke the AIA Vitality programme (in whole or in part) at any time and do not guarantee that the AIA Vitality programme will continue indefinitely or that it will be managed and owned by us. We further reserve the right to terminate, suspend or deactivate your AIA Vitality membership (in whole or in part, including your access and right to utilise one or more of the benefits), your transaction(s), AIA Vitality membership card, points and/or forfeit the accumulated points, for reasons which include (but are not limited to):
- if we detect or suspect any unusual, irregular, suspicious, fraudulent or unauthorised use or activity or any conduct/misconduct;
- if you do not or no longer qualify for an AIA Vitality membership under these terms and conditions;
- if we believe that you are abusing or misusing the benefits, awards or privileges of the programme.
8.4. If your membership terminatesIf your membership is terminated for any reason:
- Subject to the terms of our agreements with the relevant partners and any other relevant terms and conditions of the relevant partners, your rights to benefits will cease upon the termination of your AIA Vitality membership.
- You may be entitled to any outstanding partner cash back that you earned less any outstanding fees due to AIA Thailand, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable partner cash back programme.
- Any Points and Status will cease upon the termination of your AIA Vitality membership.
9. Other Important Information
9.2. How we communicate with you and consent to electronic communicationYou consent to receive documents and other information in relation to your AIA Vitality membership and any other arrangements you have with us by electronic communication to the most recent email address we have for you in our records and authorise us to act on instructions received electronically. You also consent to us communicating electronically the fact that some information can be obtained by following a hyper-link or by accessing an electronic address set out in the communication. You acknowledge that these consents and authority have effect to the maximum extent that we are permitted by law to act and provide information to you in accordance with these consents and authority. We shall be entitled from time to time to contact you via electronic transmission (e.g. email), mail, SMS, MMS, telephone, fax and other means of communication (via any of your telephone numbers, whether registered in Thailand or otherwise) in respect of your membership and participation in the programme. You acknowledge that hard copy documents and information may not be given and that electronic communications must be regularly checked. Notwithstanding these consents, we may still decide to send you hard copy documents and information in certain circumstances. Any notice or other information to be given to you may be given by updates to the AIA Vitality website, portals, online facilities, electronic transmission (e.g. email), mail, SMS, MMS, telephone, fax and other means of communication (by any of your telephone numbers, whether registered in Thailand or otherwise), at the address as may from time to time be notified in writing. We shall use reasonable endeavours to transmit statements, notices and other material relevant to AIA Vitality members to advise you of various matters of interest, including changes to the programme, but we shall not be responsible for correspondence lost or destroyed. Any statement, notice or other material shall be deemed to have been given by us if it is uploaded to the AIA Vitality website or if it is sent to the email or physical mail address last notified to us by the AIA Vitality member for the AIA Vitality programme. You are responsible for advising us of any change in your contact details, including email and physical mail address, and ensuring that your email address remains current and unblocked and that communications from us are not filtered or placed in a location where you do not see them so that we can provide documents and other information to you. AIA Thailand shall not be liable for failure to deliver a notice to you where you have failed to comply with the foregoing.
9.4. Dishonesty/ fraud/ misrepresentation/ abuse of AIA Vitality programme privilegeYour membership of, and participation in the AIA Vitality programme is based on mutual trust. Where dishonesty or fraud or misrepresentation or abuse of AIA Vitality programme privilege is detected, benefits may not be awarded, your AIA Vitality membership may be cancelled and the matter may be referred to the appropriate authorities. This AIA Vitality membership may become invalid and we may take other action consistent with our legal rights. If any act or omission by you is dishonest or fraudulent or constitutes an abuse of the AIA Vitality programme privilege, or if any dishonest or fraudulent or improper means or devices are used by you, any member of your household or anyone acting on your or their behalf in relation to the AIA Vitality programme, then all benefits under this programme may be lost or forfeited, your AIA Vitality membership may also be cancelled and you may have to return to us any payments made by us and benefits provided by us, or any of our partners (or by any other party under our direction) as a result of your actions or the actions of any member of your household or anyone acting on your or their behalf as a result of any dishonest or fraudulent actions.
9.6. Exclusive membershipsFrom time to time and in our sole and absolute discretion, we may select individuals and offer exclusive memberships to them for AIA Vitality programme. In such circumstances the individual will be deemed to satisfy the eligibility criteria in these terms and conditions and other additional eligibility criteria as may be determined by us for the exclusive membership offer at our sole and absolute discretion. We may at our sole and absolute discretion waive, the requirement to be insured under an eligible AIA Thailand insurance policy, or other requirements of AIA Vitality membership. Whether a selected individual is offered an exclusive membership and the eligibility and rules applicable to such exclusive membership are in the absolute discretion of AIA Thailand. These terms and conditions apply to such exclusive memberships, except where the terms and conditions are inconsistent with this clause 9.6, in which case this clause 9.6 will prevail to the extent of any inconsistency. If an exclusive membership is offered, other terms and conditions may apply, which may be notified by the AIA Vitality website, mail, email, SMS or such other facility as AIA Thailand determines in its sole and absolute discretion. We reserve the right to terminate, suspend, cancel, deactivate, recall or revoke an exclusive membership offered at any time. Where a selected individual has an exclusive membership with AIA Thailand, they are not eligible for discounts to their premium or any cash back which may otherwise be available under the AIA Vitality programme. However, an individual being granted an exclusive membership may choose to cease having the exclusive membership status, and apply for an AIA Vitality membership, and in which case, if accepted, that individual would be eligible to enjoy any discounts or cash back which may normally be available to other ordinary AIA Vitality members. Without in any way limiting the termination rights of AIA Thailand or other rights contained in these terms and conditions or rights under rules, regulations, polices, procedures and other documentations relating to AIA Vitality programme, where a selected agent or a selected personnel of our business partner has been granted an exclusive membership, the exclusive membership will automatically be terminated on the occurrence of the earliest of one of the following applicable events: cessation of business; revocation of requisite license to distribute insurance products; cessation to be the agent or business partner (as the case may be) to distribute AIA Thailand insurance policies; retirement; death. AIA Thailand reserves the right, and retains the sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the exclusive membership at any time without the need to provide reasons. Other terms and conditions shall continue to apply to exclusive memberships and other rules, policies or procedures applicable to exclusive memberships may be adopted, implemented, amended or varied by us from time to time.
9.7. Third party rightsThese terms and conditions, Benefit content and other documentations issued by us relating to AIA Vitality programme are not intended to, and do not give any person who is not our member any right to enforce any of the provisions.
9.8. SeveranceIf any provision of these terms and conditions is prohibited by law or judged by a court or tribunal to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, the provision shall, to the extent required, be severed from these terms and conditions and rendered ineffective as far as possible without modifying the remaining provisions, and shall not in any way affect any other circumstances of or the validity or enforcement of these terms and conditions.
9.9. WaiverNo failure or delay by AIA Thailand in exercising any or enforcing any right, power or privilege shall impair the same or operate as a waiver of the same nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege preclude any further exercise of the same or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
9.10. Law and jurisdictionThese terms and conditions and the relationship between you and AIA Thailand are governed by Thailand laws. By joining the AIA Vitality programme, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Thailand courts. If this English version of the terms and conditions do not conform to the other language version, or there is any conflict in meaning between the English version and any version or translation in other language, the Thai version shall prevail. In the event of dispute, AIA Thailand reserves the right to final decision.
10. Definitions and InterpretationIn the terms and conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the headings are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the construction of these terms and conditions. The following expressions have the following meanings:
AIA Thailand, we, our, us
Refers to AIA Company Limited and/or where appropriate, its related bodies corporate and affiliates
AIA Vitality member
As set out in clause 4 of these Terms and Conditions.
AIA Vitality programme
The AIA Vitality programme offered and administered by AIA Thailand. The AIA Vitality programme is the science-backed health and wellness programme, encouraging you to get healthier and gain rewards. The AIA Vitality programme's proven approach takes you on a personal pathway to better health: you get to know your health, learn how to improve your health and enjoy the rewards when you do.
AIA Vitality website
The AIA Vitality website at vitality.aia.co.th and/or our AIA Vitality portals
Refers to the AIA Vitality Personal Information Collection Statement. In order to provide AIA Vitality members with its services and benefits under the AIA Vitality programme, it shall be necessary for AIA Thailand to collect, use and share certain personal data about you. The AIA Vitality Personal Information Collection Statement provides you with notice as to why your personal data is collected, how it is intended to be used, to whom your personal data may be provided, from whom your personal data may be collected and how to access, review and amend your personal data, in connection with AIA Vitality programme. This statement will be provided to you on or before collection of your personal data (and also from time to time) in an appropriate format and manner.
Refers to discounts, exclusive offers, cash back rewards, and other benefits relating to goods and/or services offered by our partners from time to time and available to AIA Vitality members through the AIA Vitality programme.
A content setting out the use of and access to a benefit on AIA Vitality website
Brokers, independent financial advisors and AIA Thailand’s bank partners
Card Replacement Fee
A fee chargeable for replacement of lost or damaged card.
Corporate Solutions Policy
Refers to a single master (group) insurance policy issued by AIA Thailand to insure the lives or health of a specific group of people, such as a group of employees.
The 12-month period starting from the commencement of your AIA Vitality membership. Exceptions to this duration shall be clearly notified by AIA Thailand
Means a retailer, association, or any other person, entity, firm or corporation who offers products or services or benefits as awards in the AIA Vitality programme and who permits the accrual of AIA Vitality points to AIA Vitality members who utilize their products or services. The partners are separate and independent persons or entities from AIA Thailand.
Refers to discounts, rewards, benefits, incentives, cash back, goods and/or services available to members through AIA Vitality offered by our Partners
Partner Cash Back
Discounts you may be entitled to with certain partners which may be distributed in the form of electronic funds transfer or cheque or coupons or vouchers or other methods, whether conditional or otherwise, as may be determined by us from time to time and at our sole discretion.
Points / AIA Vitality Points
The points awarded to an AIA Vitality member for doing certain healthy activities.
The entity or person who contracts with AIA Thailand and owns the insurance policy.
Status / AIA Vitality Status
The member status level on AIA Vitality programme that a member can achieve in accordance with the number of points he/she may have earned and accumulated during a membership year. Status levels are Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. AIA Vitality members start on Bronze and may progress through the levels to Platinum as they earn points while engaging in healthy activities.
The minimum points an AIA Vitality member must earn and accumulate each membership year before moving to a particular Vitality status.
Terms and Conditions
Refers to a living individual who has applied and been granted membership in AIA Vitality programme.
Conditions of UseBy using this website/application, you acknowledge your assent to the following conditions of use without limitation or qualification. Please read these conditions carefully before using this website/application. These conditions may be revised at any time by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current conditions to which you are bound.
DisclaimerTo the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law: (1) The materials on this website/application are provided “as is” and without warranties or any kind either expressed or implied and AIA Group Limited, AIA Company Limited, AIA International Limited and their partners, affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “AIA VITALITY OPERATOR”) disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose; (2) AIA VITALITY OPERATOR does not warrant that the website/application or the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website/application or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components; and (3) AIA VITALITY OPERATOR does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials on this website/application in terms of their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. The information and descriptions contained herein are not necessarily intended to be complete descriptions of all terms, exclusions and conditions applicable to the products and services, but are provided solely for general informational purposes. For complete details please refer to the actual policy or the relevant product or services agreement. This website/application may be linked to other website/applications which are not maintained by AIA VITALITY OPERATOR. AIA VITALITY OPERATOR is not responsible for the availability, content or accuracy of any external website/applications and does not make any warranty, express or implied, with respect to the use of any external links. The inclusion of any link to such website/applications does not imply approval of or endorsement by AIA VITALITY OPERATOR of the website/applications or the content thereof. You acknowledge and agree that you access such website/applications at your own risk.
Limitation of LiabilityWhile AIA VITALITY OPERATOR uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this website/application, errors or omissions sometimes occur. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, AIA VITALITY OPERATOR makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the content of this website/application and under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall AIA VITALITY OPERATOR or any party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the website/application be liable to you for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the materials on this website/application, even if AIA VITALITY OPERATOR or an AIA VITALITY OPERATOR authorised representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, in no event shall AIA VITALITY OPERATOR's total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this website/application. AIA VITALITY OPERATOR also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property as a result of your access to, use of, or browsing in the website/application or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from this website/application.
Restrictions on Use of MaterialsThis website/application is owned and/or licensed to be operated by AIA VITALITY OPERATOR. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by AIA VITALITY OPERATOR, no materials from this website/application or any website/application owned, operated, licensed or controlled by AIA VITALITY OPERATOR may be copied, reproduced, republished, modified, stored in a retrieval system, used for creating derivative works, uploaded, posted, transmitted (by any form or by any means), distributed or used in any other way for public or commercial purposes. You may download material displayed on this website/application for your personal non-commercial use only, provided that you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use the content of this website/application, including the text, images, audio, and video, for public or commercial purposes, without AIA VITALITY OPERATOR's written permission. AIA VITALITY OPERATOR neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on this website/application will not infringe rights of third parties.
Jurisdictional IssuesUnless otherwise expressly set forth herein, AIA VITALITY OPERATOR makes no representation that materials on this website/application are appropriate or available for use in any location. Those who choose to access this website/application do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Except as expressly set forth herein the information contained on this website/application is not an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy any security, insurance product or other product or service by AIA VITALITY OPERATOR. No security, insurance product or other product or service is offered or will be sold by AIA VITALITY OPERATOR or, if sold by AIA VITALITY OPERATOR, will be effective in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation, purchase or sale would be unlawful under the securities, insurance or other laws of such jurisdiction. Some products and services may not be available in all jurisdictions.
No OfferInformation provided on this website/application should not be construed as an offer of securities for sale nor a solicitation of an offer to purchase securities. Past performance is not necessarily an indication of future performance. Any person considering an investment in the securities of AIA Group Limited should seek independent professional advice prior to making any investment decision.
Ownership of InformationAny information, other than personal data or information, you transmit to AIA VITALITY OPERATOR via this website/application, by electronic mail or otherwise, including data, questions, comments, or suggestions will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and will become the property of AIA VITALITY OPERATOR. Such information, other than personal data or information, may be used for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, solicitations, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. AIA VITALITY OPERATOR is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to AIA VITALITY OPERATOR via this website/application or by any other means for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing and marketing products using such information. You waive all applicable rights you may have in any information (other than personal data) you transmit to AIA VITALITY OPERATOR via this website/application or otherwise, for the purposes of this section of the conditions.
Intellectual PropertyAll trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and icons are proprietary to AIA VITALITY OPERATOR. Other than as expressly set out in these conditions and except as permitted by applicable law, nothing contained on the website/application should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any of AIA VITALITY OPERATOR's intellectual property including, but not limited to, any trademark or logo displayed on this website/application without the written permission of AIA VITALITY OPERATOR. Your use of the trademarks or logos displayed on this website/application, or any other content on this website/application, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited.
Software LicencesTo the extent that any software is made available or provided to you on this website/application, AIA VITALITY OPERATOR grants you a non-exclusive, limited and personal licence to download and use the software for your own personal, non-commercial use only. No other rights to the software are granted. All rights including intellectual property rights in the software remain the property of AIA VITALITY OPERATOR or the relevant licensors or owners of the software and, except as permitted by law, you may not reverse engineer, decompile, modify or tamper with the software.
Security ReminderAt AIA VITALITY OPERATOR, we take our user's security and confidentiality very seriously. While there is inherent risk in doing business with anyone over a public medium like the Internet, we have implemented measures to reduce these risks. In order to safeguard and protect your privacy, the secure site utilises advanced security techniques, which require Netscape Navigator version 4.0 or Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or above.
Password and Account SecurityYou are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your own passwords and account details. You are also entirely responsible for any transactions or activities that occur under your account, regardless as to whether such transactions or activities were made with or without your knowledge or authority. This website/application may provide you with a password manager function which would allow this website/application to remember them for you and automatically enter into the appropriate fields. When you enable the password manager function to remember passwords, it asks you if you want it to remember the account username and password for any site/application that is not already in your password or exceptions list. AIA VITALITY OPERATOR shall not be liable for any damage, loss or other liability incurred by you arising from any transactions of any kind whatsoever resulting from the unauthorised use of accounts and passwords by any third parties. Neither shall AIA VITALITY OPERATOR be liable to you in connection with your use of the password manager function. However, you may be held liable for any damage, loss or other liability incurred by AIA VITALITY OPERATOR for any wrongful use of your account and/or password. You shall report to AIA VITALITY OPERATOR immediately if you know or have reason to suspect that the security of your password and/or account may have been compromised or used by another person without authority.
Community GuidelineYou may create your own platform and publish your own stories about health and well-being and to access some tools that can help you with your health goals. People who have access to this website/application may see your stories and interact with you. The conversations may be diversified and shared with people wherever they are and whenever they go (“AIA Vitality Community”). If you use this website/application as a platform publishing your own stories and interact with people, you are required to observe the following guidelines:
- You are required to be at least 18 years of age to register on and use this website/application.
- As part of this AIA Vitality Community aspect, you may post your personal opinions, messages and ideas to the website and to the discussion forums available on the website/application.
- You undertake not to post content to the website/application that may be illegal, defamatory, infringing, harassing, obscene, commercial advertising, personal marketing, profane, untrue, incorrect or harmful, or which AIA VITALITY OPERATOR regards as inappropriate, and you accept that AIA VITALITY OPERATOR may remove this content from the website/application.
- You are encouraged to report illegal, defamatory, infringing, harassing, obscene, commercial advertising, personal marketing, profane, untrue, incorrect and/or harmful content from the website/application to AIA VITALITY OPERATOR, and AIA VITALITY OPERATOR may correct and/or remove such content or any part thereof if it feels that it is appropriate to do so.
- AIA VITALITY OPERATOR does not editorially control, filter or read your postings on the website/application on an ongoing basis, and you acknowledge and agree that AIA VITALITY OPERATOR shall not be responsible, in any way, for any user postings. You also agree to indemnify AIA VITALITY OPERATOR against any liability, claim, damage or loss of whatsoever nature that may result from your posting(s) to the website/application.
- You accept that the AIA Vitality Community aspect is integral to the website/application and to the AIA Vitality Community concept, and agree to respect and abide by these community guidelines at all times when accessing or using the website/application, and to interact and engage with fellow users with equal respect and dignity.
- Please note that as a user of the website/application, you determine who will have access to your personal information when you invite them to view your profile. AIA VITALITY OPERATOR cannot be responsible for any consequences that may result from access that you may have provided to any individual.
Inconsistency in WordingsIn the event of any ambiguity or inconsistency between the English and local language versions of these conditions, the Thai version will control and prevail.
Governing Law and JurisdictionThese conditions will be governed by the laws of the Kingdom of Thailand and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Thailand.
AIA Vitality Privacy StatementAIA Vitality is a health and wellness programme, encouraging you to get healthier and earn great rewards. In order for AIA Vitality-related services to be provided to you, it will be necessary for us to collect, use and share certain personal data about you. Customers and potential customers expect us to maintain their information accurately, protected against manipulation and errors, secure from theft and free from unwarranted disclosure. We protect the data security of our customers and potential customers by complying with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, and all relevant local laws, and ensure compliance by our staff with strict standards of security and confidentiality. This statement ("Vitality PIC Statement") provides you with notice as to why your personal data is collected, how it is intended to be used, to whom your personal data may be provided, from whom your personal data may be collected and how to access, review and amend your personal data. The provision of your personal data is voluntary: you may choose not to provide us with the requested data, but failure to do so may inhibit AIA Vitality's ability to provide you with its services. AIA Vitality is operated by AIA Group Limited, AIA Company Limited, AIA International Limited (collectively, the "AIA Vitality Operator"), members of the AIA group of companies ("AIA Group"). The AIA Vitality Operator will receive ongoing support from Discovery Limited (a company based in South Africa) and/or its affiliates ("DSY"), the [global operators of the AIA Vitality programme]. It is also important for you to note that [the underwriting and claims departments of] AIA Company Limited, AIA International Limited, or any other insurer within the AIA Group ("AIA Insurers") will not have access to your personal data (including health and medical information) provided to, or collected via, AIA Vitality. Accordingly, where you are applying for a new insurance policy from the AIA Insurers, you acknowledge that any health, medical or other information that may affect the risk under an insurance policy needs to be separately notified to the AIA Insurers even if you have already provided the information to the AIA Vitality Operator or the AIA Vitality Partners (as defined below). Similarly, if you are currently under any obligation to notify the AIA Insurers of the occurrence of any event or of the onset of any condition, or of the cessation of any such event or condition, then you will need to separately notify the AIA Insurers of the same even if you have already provided the information to the AIA Vitality Operator or the AIA Vitality Partners (as defined below). By using this website, you are accepting the practices and policies in this Vitality PIC Statement. If you object to any practices and policies in this Vitality PIC Statement, please do not use this website to submit your personal information towards the AIA Vitality programme. This website is for general information purpose only. While we use reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, AIA Vitality Operator and AIA Vitality Partners (as defined below) do not warrant its absolute accuracy or accept any liability for any loss or damage resulting from any inaccuracy or omission. Without prior permission from AIA Vitality Operator, no information contained on this website may be copied, except for personal use, or redistributed. This website and our social media platforms are not intended for persons in jurisdictions that restrict the distribution of information by us or use of such social media platforms. If this is applicable to you, we would advise you to inform yourself about and observe the relevant restrictions. AIA Vitality Operator and AIA Vitality Partners (as defined below) do not accept liability in this respect.
Why we collect your personal data and how it may be used?Personal data is collected for the following purposes:
- to process, administer, implement and effect the requests, transactions or membership services under AIA Vitality. In this regard, in addition to any personal data that the AIA Vitality Operator may collect directly from you, the AIA Vitality Operator may also need to collect from the AIA Vitality Partners (as defined below) information regarding your use of, and participation in (including progress and results from), the membership goods or services provided by the AIA Vitality Partners (as defined below);
- to design new or to enhance existing services to be provided under AIA Vitality;
- to communicate with you regarding updates and future changes to AIA Vitality, your AIA Vitality membership and account, or this Vitality PIC Statement;
- to provide other AIA Vitality and/or loyalty programme-related services such as online shopping at AIA Vitality website or AIA Vitality purchases;
- for statistical or actuarial research undertaken by the AIA Group, our partners who provide goods and services under AIA Vitality ("AIA Vitality Partners"), the financial services industry or our respective regulators;
- to facilitate payment for products and/or services provided by AIA Vitality Operator, any other member of the AIA Group or any AIA Vitality Partner, including but not limited to for the verification of credit card details with credit card issuers or other third party service providers, obtaining consumer credit reports from a credit reference agency and conducting match making procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions maintained by AIA Vitality Operator, any other member of the AIA Group, any AIA Vitality Partner or third party;
- to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities and to meet requirements imposed by law or agreed to with government or regulatory authorities; and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
Who may be provided with your personal data?Personal data will be kept confidential but may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy any of the abovementioned purposes, be provided to the following parties:
- any of our affiliates and to DSY for the purposes specified above;
- any person authorised to act as an agent of the AIA Vitality Operator for the distribution of information in relation to AIA Vitality;
- the AIA Vitality Partners and their agents for the provision of membership goods and/or services, and programme administration;
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides membership servicing support including but not limited to administration, data processing, data storage, call center services, mailing, system infrastructure and operation, website administration, marketing, finance, rewards, invoicing and training;
- other companies who help gather your information or communicate with you, such as research companies and ratings agencies, in order to enhance the services to be provided under AIA Vitality; and
- government or regulatory bodies or any person to whom the AIA Vitality Operator (or another AIA Group company) or an AIA Vitality Partner is to make disclosure: (a) under a legal and / or regulatory obligation in that jurisdiction applicable to that particular AIA Group company or AIA Vitality Partner; or (b) which the AIA Group company or AIA Vitality Partner has agreed to make disclosures.
Your personal data may be provided to any of the above parties who may be located in Thailand or outside of Thailand.For our policy on sharing your personal data for promotional or marketing purposes relating to AIA Vitality, please see the section "Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes" below.
Access Rights to Personal DataYou have the right to:
- verify whether the AIA Vitality Operator holds any personal data about you in relation to AIA Vitality and to access any such data;
- require the AIA Vitality Operator to correct any personal data relating to you held under AIA Vitality which is inaccurate; and
- ascertain the AIA Vitality Operator's policies and practices in relation to personal data.
Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing PurposesAs well as for the purposes set out above, the AIA Group intends to use your name and contact details for promotional or marketing purposes including sending you promotional materials and conducting direct marketing in relation to the following products, services, advice and subjects: insurance; annuities; MPF/ORSO; wealth management; investment; banking; financial services; credit cards; medical/health treatment; educational; recruitment; training; reward/loyalty/privilege programmes; travel; accommodation; apparel; concerts; sporting and special events; food and beverage; household; media; social networking; spa and similar relaxation activities and other leisure services; telecommunication and mobile services; internet; other retail/consumer products and services; wellness and charitable/non-profitable causes ("Classes of Marketing Subjects"). For the purposes of direct marketing, we may provide your personal information to providers (and their agents) (whether within or outside of the AIA Group) of any of the Classes of Marketing Subjects described above so that they can contact you and/or send you promotional materials and conduct direct marketing in relation to the products and services that they offer (these materials may be sent to you by postal mail, email or other means). We may provide your personal data to providers (whether within or outside of the AIA Group) of any of the Classes of Marketing Subjects for gain. Before using your personal data for the purposes and to the transferees set out above, we must obtain your written consent, and only after having obtained such written consent may we use and/or provide your personal data for any promotional or marketing purpose. The types of personal data that the AIA Group intends to use and provide for direct marketing purposes as described above are your name and contact details. You may in future withdraw your consent to the use and provision to a third party by the AIA Vitality Operator of your personal data for direct marketing purposes and thereafter the AIA Vitality Operator shall cease to use such data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please inform us by writing to the address in the section on "Access Rights to Personal Data" or sending us an email. Any such request should clearly state details of the personal data in respect of which the request is being made.
External LinksIf any part of this website contains links to other websites, those sites may not operate under this Vitality PIC Statement. You are advised to check the privacy statements on those websites to understand their policies on the collection, usage, transferal and disclosure of personal data.
Amendments to this StatementThe AIA Vitality Operator reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to add to, change, update or modify this Vitality PIC Statement, simply by notifying you of such change, update or modification. If we decide to change our personal data policy, those changes will be notified to you either on our website or in writing so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use the information and under what circumstances the information is disclosed. Any such change, update or modification will be effective immediately upon posting.
Additional Information ThailandShould you have any questions on any part of this Vitality PIC Statement or would like additional information regarding the AIA Vitality Operator's data privacy policies and practices, please do not hesitate to contact us. Last updated: 01 May 2016
- Last Update Time
- 2021-08-04 10:00